Foreclosure Cleanup Network

Free to Join-Network of Reo Agents and Foreclosure Cleanup Businesses

When are the first to work on a property.  What is the best way to gain entry to the home and do the lock change?

Tags: Initial, bank, cleaning, entry, foreclosed, homes, houses, locksmiths, owned, secure

Views: 394

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very good question. Hopefully, someone with experience will answer it.
Always gain entry through the rear door.
This is standard with all banks.
Check all windows first. 75% of the time i can always find a window or door unlocked. Get proficient at picking locks. I'm usually in within 5 mins.
I was cleaning a house last week and found where someone had drilled holes in the window frame, right beside the locks. I assume that is how they made entry the first time. My problem with it was that they didn't even bother to fill the holes with anything...

thire are lots ways. Danny is right about the windows try that first.1st and 2nt floor.

then if it is just a key in knobe lock try some waterpunp plyers on the knob.

if it is a dead bolt take a cordless drill with you and drill 2 holes thrue it on the face of it on eather side of the key slot but just a bit low at say 4 and 8 oclock this is where the scrues line up from the other side. 

Our position is try before you  pry, can not count the times I have got into a house by a window or door left open.

Personally our company only picks the locks it is a sign of a professional that can pick a lock as compared to the one that pry's a door, kicks it in, or brakes a window to gain entry.  I have seen it all done in 22 years in this industry.   The latest trick I have seen is some preservation contractor used a porta power unit and place it-in the jam of the door at 20lbs of presure across the jam and any door will open.

Learn your trade and you will get business.

I agree always try windows and doors...alot of times the previous owner will leave it open so they can come and go as they want. BUT if that doesn't work then we drill the knob/deadbolts or drill out the pins....It's a BIG no no in las vegas to pick lock or carry lock picking equipment on you if you don't have a locksmiths contractors license. That includes bump keys, pick guns, and regular pics. Most of the evicts we do are with metro police or constables and they will arrest you if you have those items and can't produce a license. So be careful in your neck of the woods. With a titanium drill bit i can usually gain access in as little as 5 mins.......and never had to break a window as of yet!!

RSS

BannerFans.com BannerFans.com

Launch your Online Business with a $5.99 .COM!

SOCIAL MEDIA FOR REAL ESTATE AGENTS & REALTORS- REAL ESTATE SOCIAL NETWORKING EBOOK JUST RELEASED!

Real Estate Internet Marketing- Using Social Networking to Grow Your Real Estate Business Fast INSTANT DOWNLOAD Unleash the Power of the Internet & Social Networking to Grow your Real Estate Business Quickly!

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN ADVERTISING HERE ON THE FORECLOSURE CLEANUP NETWORK?

JOIN NOW & CONTACT US TODAY TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE MANY ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES WE OFFER!

© 2014   Created by Foreclosure Cleanup Network.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service